Essential to Innovation Success
New product development (NPD) gate decisions are at the core of a successful innovation program. Many innovation programs suffer from weak gate decisions with the end result of a clutter product portfolio delivering low returns.
NPD gatekeepers must be trained to become effective in making the strict decisions that allow an NPD portfolio to grow in healthy ways and to deliver expected revenues. Gatekeepers should be trained to:
- Understand the NPD process (stage-gate system),
- Align project criteria with strategic goals,
- Prioritize project resources,
- Evaluate innovation programs consistently, and
- Practice effective decision-making.
To Continue Reading:
Please refer to the thought leadership paper “Gatekeeper Training“.
© 2014 Global NP Solutions
Your Strategic Innovation Partner for NPDP Certification and Project Management Training